Tether is crypto (actually token) called “stablecoin” – its value has a reflection in value of fiat currency or even to precious metals – in this case, to U.S. dollar. Therefore, USDT price is around worth $1.
Tether was introduced in 2014. This project has one mission – converting cash into digital currency based on the US dollar, the Euro and even Japanese the Yen. Due to the fact that USDT is a token, there hasn’t a block time, but there is time to confirm the transaction – usually up to 5-10 minutes.
On 27th May 2017, Tether had its own ATH (All-Time High price), which was equal to 1,21 USD.
Official website: https://tether.to/
Source Code: https://github.com/shipshapecode/tether
Read news about Tether:
- What Makes DeFi Decentralized? Rune Christensen on Centralized Collateral and Decentralizing MakeCointelegraph.com News - 13 hours agoCrypto projects often struggle to balance decentralization with pragmatism, and Maker and its founder Rune Christensen are no exception
- Cryptocurrency Exchange OKEx Tackles Small Balances With New OfferingCointelegraph.com News - 22 hours agoUsers of cryptocurrency exchange OKEx now can convert small balances to the firm’s proprietary token OKB
- CoinGecko COO: ‘Hard for CoinMarketCap to Stay Neutral’Cointelegraph.com News - 1 day agoThe recent acquisition of CoinMarketCap by Binance has some in the crypto community speaking out, including CoinGecko COO Bobby Ong
- Most of China’s DLT Firms That Closed in 2019 Were Scams or Poorly PlannedCointelegraph.com News - 1 day agoMarket research firm EqualOcean suggest that most Chinese blockchain firms that closed in 2019 lacked in business model or were…
- Major Chinese Mining Pool Drops out of BTC Mining Race, Looking to AltcoinsCointelegraph.com News - 1 day agoOne of the top Chinese pools has dropped out of BTC mining race due to Bitcoin price pressure