Litecoin was created in 2011 (as the third cryptocurrency, the second was Namecoin) as Bitcoin’s fork by Charlie Lee. LTC is based on the BTC protocol, but with another algorithm. The Litecoin Network (Lightning Network) has a block time amounting to 2.5 minutes, so 4 times fewer than Bitcoin Network. So transfers are faster, but it is less secure. On 19th December 2017, Litecoin had its own ATH (All-Time High price), which was equal to 375 USD.
Read news about Litecoin:
- Fake Ledger Chrome Extensions Continue to Steal Crypto From VictimsCointelegraph.com News - 22 hours agoThe Ripple wallet associated with a malicious Chrome extension impersonating Ledger has absorbed more than 2.5 million XRP
- Top 5 Cryptos This Week (Mar 29): CRO, XMR, XRP, ADA, XLMCointelegraph.com News - 1 day agoSeveral top performers are showing signs of demand at lower levels. They are likely to confirm a bottom within the…
- Silk Road Founder Ross Ulbricht Spends Seventh Birthday in a Row in JailCointelegraph.com News - 2 days agoRoss Ulbricht turns 36 today
- Russian Police Take Down an Illegal Bitcoin Mining FarmCointelegraph.com News - 2 days agoRussian police seized almost 1,500 mining rigs from an illegal Bitcoin mining farm, spread across several locations
- Back From the Crypt: MakerDAO Toes the Line Between Life and DeathCointelegraph.com News - 2 days agoDeFi barely recovers from a serious blow: “It was only a matter of time before the shockwaves from the growing…