Litecoin was created in 2011 (as the third cryptocurrency, the second was Namecoin) as Bitcoin’s fork by Charlie Lee. LTC is based on the BTC protocol, but with another algorithm. The Litecoin Network (Lightning Network) has a block time amounting to 2.5 minutes, so 4 times fewer than Bitcoin Network. So transfers are faster, but it is less secure. On 19th December 2017, Litecoin had its own ATH (All-Time High price), which was equal to 375 USD.
Read news about Litecoin:
- Price Analysis 7/3: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, BSV, LTC, ADA, BNB, EOS. CROCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoBitcoin and many altcoins are struggling to rise above the 20-day EMA, suggesting bears have the advantage in the short-term.
- Cardano’s ADA May Be Listed on Coinbase Before the End of 2020Cointelegraph.com News - 13 hours agoCardano’s ADA may be listed on Coinbase by the end of 2020. This comes on the heels of the announcement…
- Price Analysis 7/1: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, BSV, LTC, BNB, ADA, CRO, EOSCointelegraph.com News - 2 days agoBitcoin and a few altcoins have bounced off their recent lows, suggesting that the sentiment remains to buy the dips.
- Cardano’s ‘Shelley’ Mainnet to Launch SoonCointelegraph.com News - 3 days agoCardano launches Shelly mainnet two days before Virtual Summit.
- Billions and Billions: How Brands Take Blockchain From Niche to NormalCointelegraph.com News - 3 days ago“The value we create inside of our virtual worlds will become indistinguishable from the value we’ve historically created outside of…