Litecoin was created in 2011 (as the third cryptocurrency, the second was Namecoin) as Bitcoin’s fork by Charlie Lee. LTC is based on the BTC protocol, but with another algorithm. The Litecoin Network (Lightning Network) has a block time amounting to 2.5 minutes, so 4 times fewer than Bitcoin Network. So transfers are faster, but it is less secure. On 19th December 2017, Litecoin had its own ATH (All-Time High price), which was equal to 375 USD.
Read news about Litecoin:
- Price analysis 6/23: BTC, ETH, BNB, ADA, XRP, DOGE, DOT, UNI, BCH, LTCCointelegraph.com News - 20 hours agoThe swift rebound in Bitcoin and altcoins indicates strong accumulation occurring at lower levels.
- Crypto market cap recovers $76B, altcoins rally after Bitcoin hits $34KCointelegraph.com News - 21 hours agoBitcoin’s quick recovery to $34,800 ignited a rally in altcoins, boosting the total crypto market capitalization by $76 billion.
- Altcoins follow Bitcoin price’s lead as uncertainty grips crypto marketCointelegraph.com News - 23 hours agoHistorical data suggests that during periods of extreme market turbulence, most altcoins tend to follow Bitcoin’s price movements closely.
- 3 reasons why Solana bounced harder than Bitcoin and EthereumCointelegraph.com News - 1 day agoThe 14th-largest cryptocurrency by market capitalization jumped by more than 55% after bottoming out at $20.14 on Tuesday.
- Bitcoin price bounces to $33K but analysts say ‘it’s too early’ to call a bottomCointelegraph.com News - 1 day agoDip buyers stepped in as Bitcoin price fell to $29,000 but analysts caution that China’s crackdown on BTC mining and…