Ethereum is a pioneer smart contract platform with open-source code to build decentralized applications (dapps). It created by Vitalik Buterin in 2013. Ether (also as ETH) is a token-currency, it also works as a so-called transaction fee. Its block time is 15 seconds, compared with 10 minutes for bitcoin, so Ethereum Network is faster than BTC.
Transaction fees vary depending on the computational complexity, storage needs and bandwidth use (in a system known as gas). Ethereum gas units each have a value that can be specified in a transaction. On 13th January 2018, Ethereum had its own ATH (All-Time High price), which was equal to 1,433 USD.
Read news about Ethereum:
- Interchain Data Hosting Project Combines Edge Computing With DLTCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoInterchain decentralized data hosting project Bluzelle will launch a network which is divided into smaller node groups to take advantage…
- DeFi Drives Dapp Volume Growth Amid 75% Crash in Casino ActivityCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoThe rise of DeFi protocols sustained growth in total quarterly DApp volume despite roughly 75% declines in casino activity
- Is Reddit Devising a Blockchain-Based Tipping System?Cointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoA video has recently surfaced, showing what appears to be a blockchain-based community points feature in the Reddit app
- Binance Hits Back at ‘Embezzlement’ ClaimCointelegraph.com News - 14 hours agoBinance claims that the user making the claims obtained the seized funds by impersonating the exchange in a fake listing…
- South Korea's Largest Crypto Unveils New Consensus AlgorithmCointelegraph.com News - 17 hours agoTop South Korean cryptocurrency, ICON, has announced an innovative new consensus algorithm