Cardano is a decentralized platform, which was launched in September 2017, by Blockchain Development Output Hong Kong (IOHK). Block time of Cardano is 20 seconds. The platform is managed by the team headed by Charles Hoskinson – co-founder of Ethereum. Cardano, similar to Tezos, is based on the Proof-of-Stake algorithm. A cryptocurrency called Cardano Coin, or ADA, has been based on Cardano.
This is the first platform based on scientific philosophy and a research-first driven approach. On 4 January 2018, Cardano had its own ATH (All-Time High price), which was equal to $1.33.
Read news about Cardano:
- Crypto-to-crypto swaps, explainedCointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoHow do crypto-to-crypto swaps work… and what are the top tips for performing them safely and cheaply?
- Bitcoin bull run won’t end ‘any time soon’ as whale buying hints at new $52K floorCointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoFunds are ready on exchanges as existing whale behavior suggests that $52,000 is now the floor for Bitcoin.
- Canadian Bitcoin ETF issuer seeks ‘green BTC’Cointelegraph.com News - 10 hours agoNinepoint will allocate part of its management fees to even out the carbon footprint of Bitcoin in its exchange-traded fund…
- Google search interest in Dogecoin outstrips Bitcoin for first timeCointelegraph.com News - 12 hours agoFor the first time, more people globally are searching for news surrounding the meme cryptocurrency Dogecoin than Bitcoin.
- Record fundamentals meet $4K Ethereum: 5 things to watch in Bitcoin this weekCointelegraph.com News - 13 hours agoBitcoin bulls face-off with altcoins after the largest cryptocurrency’s latest rejection at $60,000 resistance.