Cardano is a decentralized platform, which was launched in September 2017, by Blockchain Development Output Hong Kong (IOHK). Block time of Cardano is 20 seconds. The platform is managed by the team headed by Charles Hoskinson – co-founder of Ethereum. Cardano, similar to Tezos, is based on the Proof-of-Stake algorithm. A cryptocurrency called Cardano Coin, or ADA, has been based on Cardano.
This is the first platform based on scientific philosophy and a research-first driven approach. On 4 January 2018, Cardano had its own ATH (All-Time High price), which was equal to $1.33.
Read news about Cardano:
- Where does the future of DeFi belong: Ethereum or Bitcoin? Experts answerCointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoHere’s what decentralized finance experts think about either Ethereum or Bitcoin as the future of DeFi.
- Vietnam’s finance ministry warns about crypto trading risksCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoVietnam’s Ministry of Finance reminded the public that cryptocurrencies have no legal framework in the country.
- Bitcoin bull run is still in the early stages, key on-chain indicator showsCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoThe Bitcoin rally is still at an early stage, according to one key metric, despite the overnight pullback.
- Bitcoin price charts hint at another drop after failing to break $52KCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours agoBitcoin has failed to break above $52,000, which suggests more downside is possible in the short term.
- Bitcoin price is going to 'infinity' — Kraken CEOCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoA $1 million price tag for BTC within the next ten years is “pretty reasonable,” Jesse Powell tells Bloomberg.