Cardano is a decentralized platform, which was launched in September 2017, by Blockchain Development Output Hong Kong (IOHK). Block time of Cardano is 20 seconds. The platform is managed by the team headed by Charles Hoskinson – co-founder of Ethereum. Cardano, similar to Tezos, is based on the Proof-of-Stake algorithm. A cryptocurrency called Cardano Coin, or ADA, has been based on Cardano.
This is the first platform based on scientific philosophy and a research-first driven approach. On 4 January 2018, Cardano had its own ATH (All-Time High price), which was equal to $1.33.
Read news about Cardano:
- Bitcoin price breaks past $18.8K as bears and bulls map out its pathCointelegraph.com News - 47 minutes agoThe price of Bitcoin has stabilized above $18,000 and broken out of the critical $18,500 level. Analysts discuss short-term bull…
- Morgan Creek and Exos file Bitcoin fund with SECCointelegraph.com News - 1 hour agoThe new risk managed Bitcoin fund was filed with the SEC on Thursday.
- Path to $20K Bitcoin price now wide open after previous resistance breaksCointelegraph.com News - 1 hour agoBTC/USD climbs to over $18,800 in Friday trading, less than $1,250 off its historic highs from 2017.
- BlackRock CIO says ‘Bitcoin will take the place of gold to a large extent'Cointelegraph.com News - 1 hour agoBitcoin’s network effect has forced traditional financiers to change their tune on the digital currency.
- Crypto cross-border payments, explainedCointelegraph.com News - 4 hours agoWhat are the main advantages that crypto can offer when making cross-border payments, and what are the main challenges for…