Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency introduced in 2009 by a person or group of people nicknamed Satoshi Nakamoto. BTC was the only cryptocurrency in the world until April 2011. 1 BTC divides itself into 100,000,000 smaller units called satoshi (1 satoshi is worth 0.00000001 bitcoin). Bitcoins are transferred in blocks every 10 minutes in a decentralized ledger that connects the blocks into a coherent chain, whose origins date back to the first block of genesis. On 17th December 2017, Bitcoin had its own ATH (All-Time High price), which was equal to 20,089 USD.
Read news about Bitcoin:
- Bitcoin Shrugs Off Goldman Sachs’ Criticism With Price SpikeCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoThe crypto community has laughed off Goldman Sachs’ outdated analysis, with the Bitcoin price increasing more than 8% since.
- Bitcoin Price Rallies to $9.6K as Record CME BTC Contracts Expiry LoomsCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours agoBitcoin’s strong rally to $9,600 increases the chance of BTC reclaiming $10K but tomorrow’s CME BTC contracts expiry is an…
- Bitpay Shuns Lightning and Liquid, Says Actual Bitcoin Payments Still DominateCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoBitpay won’t be using Lightning or Liquid any time soon, with actual Bitcoin payments still accounting for 95% of transactions.
- Analyst Who Helped Topple Crypto Child Exploitation Site HonoredCointelegraph.com News - 15 hours agoKim Reece is now a finalist for the Samuel J. Heyman Service to America Medal.
- Bitcoin Will Replace Gold, Crypto Data Analytics Company CEO SaysCointelegraph.com News - 15 hours agoCould Bitcoin, the world’s “digital gold,” replace physical gold in the future?