Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency introduced in 2009 by a person or group of people nicknamed Satoshi Nakamoto. BTC was the only cryptocurrency in the world until April 2011. 1 BTC divides itself into 100,000,000 smaller units called satoshi (1 satoshi is worth 0.00000001 bitcoin). Bitcoins are transferred in blocks every 10 minutes in a decentralized ledger that connects the blocks into a coherent chain, whose origins date back to the first block of genesis. On 17th December 2017, Bitcoin had its own ATH (All-Time High price), which was equal to 20,089 USD.
Read news about Bitcoin:
- Bitcoin Price Will Go Up as Only Profitable Miners Remain: Data AnalystCointelegraph.com News - 13 hours agoBitcoin price has recovered well from the drop to $3,750 and on-chain data from CryptoQuant suggests BTC miners are doing…
- Bitcoin Price Rallies Higher but Must Hit $8K to Start a Bull MarketCointelegraph.com News - 17 hours agoBitcoin price surged to $7,300 after pushing through a key resistance zone but will bulls be able to press the…
- Major Chinese Mining Pool Drops out of BTC Mining Race, Looking to AltcoinsCointelegraph.com News - 18 hours agoOne of the top Chinese pools has dropped out of BTC mining race due to Bitcoin price pressure
- Price Analysis April 6: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, BSV, LTC, EOS, BNB, XTZ, LEOCointelegraph.com News - 20 hours agoBitcoin price finally cleared the $6,900 to $7,200 resistance zone and now looks ready to tackle $8,000
- Ethereum Creator Picks Two Worst Bull and Bear BTC Predictions Ever MadeCointelegraph.com News - 20 hours agoEthereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin picks two worst Bitcoin predictions ever made — by none other than McAfee and Dr. Doom